The voluntarily recalled sunscreen spray products are packaged in aerosol cans. The products were distributed nationally in the United States through various retailers. Consumers should stop using these specific Coppertone aerosol sunscreen spray products and dispose of them appropriately.
Is Coppertone Sport spray sunscreen recalled?
Coppertone launched a voluntary recall in late September that indicated that five of its sunscreens may potentially contain benzene, a known carcinogen that experts say could potentially increase cancer risk over time in repeated exposure. … Coppertone Sport Spray SPF 50, 1.6 oz travel size (Lot# TN00BU3)
What is the safest spray sunscreen?
My personal favorite safest spray sunscreen:
- Beautycounter Countersun Spray Sunscreen.
- Alba Botanica Spray Sunscreens.
- All Good SPF 30 Sport Sunscreen Spray, Water Resistant.
- Babyganics Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50+
- Bare Republic Sunscreen Sprays.
- COOLA Sunscreen Sprays.
- Goddess Garden Sunscreen Sprays.
Is there a recall on Coppertone spray?
Coppertone, owned by Beiersdorf, is voluntarily recalling specific lots of five Coppertone aerosol sunscreen spray products because the company “has identified the presence of benzene” in the products. The recall sunscreen was manufactured between the dates of Jan. 10, 2021, and June 15, 2021.
Which Coppertone sunscreens have been recalled?
The five recalled aerosol sunscreens are:
- Coppertone Pure & Simple SPF 50 Spray.
- Coppertone Pure & Simple Baby SPF 50 Spray.
- Coppertone Pure & Simple Kids SPF 50 Spray.
- Coppertone Sport Mineral SPF 50 Spray.
- Coppertone Sport Spray SPF 50, travel-size Spray.
Where is Coppertone sunscreen made?
Coppertone is the brand name for an American sunscreen. Coppertone is headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey. Coppertone uses a variety of branding, including the Coppertone girl logo and a distinctive fragrance.
Is Coppertone Sport 30 recalled?
30, Coppertone (owned by Beiersdorf) also issued a recall of some lots of five of its aerosol sunscreen products, manufactured between Jan. 10 and June 15. Some lots or batches of the following products are affected: Coppertone Pure & Simple SPF 50 aerosol sunscreen (5 oz)
Is Coppertone sunscreen spray good?
Coppertone Ultra Guard Sunscreen Lotion SPF 70, a chemical sunscreen that earned top marks in our testing, is a great choice for most people. It offers adequate SPF and broad-spectrum protection and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. It’s easy to apply and comfortable to wear, while still being affordable.
What are the worst sunscreens?
Most Toxic Sunscreens to Avoid
- Walgreens Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 100.
- Panama Jack Sunscreen Continuous Spray, SPF 100.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 85+
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 100+
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen Spray, SPF 100+
What is the best spray sunscreen recommended by dermatologists?
Healthline’s picks for the best sunscreen sprays
- EltaMD UV Aero Broad Spectrum 45 Full-Body Sunscreen.
- Babo Botanicals Baby Skin Mineral Sunscreen Spray SPF 30.
- UncompliKated SPF Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray SPF 50.
- Babo Botanicals Sheer Zinc Sunscreen SPF 30.
- Supergoop PLAY Antioxidant Body Mist with Vitamin C SPF 50.
Does Coppertone pure and simple have benzene?
Does this product contain benzene? Answer: The Coppertone Pure & Simple Lotion SPF 50 was not on the list of products in the Valisure study related to benzene. Please note, Coppertone does not add benzene as an ingredient to any of its products.
Which Coppertone products have benzene?
The company has identified the presence of benzene in 12 lots of these products. The recall involves Pure & Simple SPF 50, Pure & Simple Kinds SPF 50, Pure & Simply Baby SPF 50, Sport Mineral SPF 50, travel-size Coppertone and Sport Spray SPF 50. Coppertone is owned by Germany-based manufacturer Beiersdorf.
Who owns Coppertone?
100% NATURALLY SOURCED ZINC OXIDE PROTECTION: NEW Coppertone Sport Mineral SPF 50 Lotion Sunscreen offers 100% mineral sun protection to keep up with your active lifestyle while keeping you protected from the sun.
Is benzoate the same as benzene in sunscreen?
“Benzene is not an ingredient purposefully added to sunscreen,” she says. … Benzene rings are also found in many fragrances and preservatives such as sodium benzoate, so I think it’s worth looking deeper into the full ingredient compositions before panicking.”
Is oxybenzone the same as benzene?
Is Benzene the Same Thing as Oxybenzone? No benzene is not the same thing as oxybenzone. In fact, Oxybenzone is a completely separate, incredibly common active ingredient found in chemical sunscreens, which are different, from zinc or titanium-based mineral sunscreens.